Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Eating Healthy is a Full Time Job

Ever open a Shape or Self magazine and read an article about the 'New Superfoods'? 


NEW SUPERFOODS!!!! I'm just trying to get a grip on the old ones! 

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm causing myself undo stress. The more I read, the longer my shopping adventures become. I write down recipes to meals that are suppose to give me more energy and stamina except that the process to buy these ingredients is downright exhausting! I check my copy of Eat This Not That, refer to my notebook of random nutritional information that I actually color-coated in a bout of insomnia and of course read all the labels even though half the time I have no idea what I'm reading. I am hoping that if I keep reading this gibberish that one day it will just all click and make perfect sense! I can dream can't I????

And why is so expensive to be healthy??? How is possible to spend my monthly grocery budget in one shopping trip and have nothing to show for it but a few jars of coconut oil, almond butter, herbs, gluten-free/sugar-free/taste-free bread and a bag of organic vegetables? 

Don't get me wrong.....I am a self-proclaimed Whole Foods Lover but SERIOUSLY??? How am I suppose to remember that certain herbs interact with others and that adding A to B is suppose to double the nutritional value of C?????? What is this....algrebra for life??? I can barely remember to walk my dog!

I think I may have discovered the world's cheapest diet! Health magazines! Read enough of them, get confused enough and you will be frozen in fear or which foods to eat or not eat and before you know it......the pounds will start to fall off in no time! THE FEAR DIET!!!!!!

I suppose the safest thing to do is grow my own food but them I'm back to a second full time job. I daydream about what I would do if I won the lottery and my twisted mind immediately gets giddy at the thought of being able to go to Whole Foods and buy something from every eisle!


0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online